Posted on Thursday October 20, 2022
Vision Linens continues to work hard on delivering sustainability across all areas of the business. For the fourth consecutive year, Vision has been assessed by EcoVadis, the world’s most trusted provider of business sustainability ratings for global supply chains and retained its Silver EcoVadis Medal.
Industry leaders such as Johnson & Johnson, Verizon, L’Oréal, Subway, Nestlé, Salesforce, Michelin and BASF are among the more than 55,000 businesses on the EcoVadis network, working to assess, collaborate and improve sustainability performance in order to protect their brands, foster transparency and innovation, and accelerate growth.
The sustainability scorecard belonging to Vision offers detailed insights to its environmental, labour and human rights, ethics and sustainable procurement risks. Vision’s result placed them among the top 25 percent of companies assessed by EcoVadis., For sustainable procurement, for example, this is scored against the following items:
- Endorsement of external initiative on sustainable procurement issues [Better Cotton Initiative (BCI), Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI)]
- Comprehensive sustainable procurement policies on both social and environmental factors
- On-site audits of suppliers on environmental or social issues
- Regular supplier assessment (e.g. questionnaire) on environmental, social practices, quality and their Health and Safety Practices
- CSR risk analysis (i.e. prior to supplier assessments or audits)
A hugely beneficial aspect of the EcoVadis platform is that Vision’s customers have access to the scorecard to see, in detail, how the textile company performs against particular areas, providing a centralised hub for various certifications. Where customers are not able to access this, they can ask for summary reports compiled by EcoVadis
Vision Group Assurance and Compliance Manager, Dianne Hill, said: “The system is based on third-party checks that demonstrate our commitment to continuous improvement whilst also providing our customers the peace of mind that we deliver on our promises.”