Vision Linens, has yet again, set another challenge for its hospitality team. With looking to better times ahead and focusing on self-improvement, the eco-warrior challenge was created. Essentially, this looked to engage the team in a time where the majority remain to be working remotely, while getting behind the ethics of Vision’s sustainable textile brand, ecopure.
Over a four week period, the team was asked to submit how they would go about reducing their energy consumption at home, thereby reducing their carbon footprint. The winner, awarded the eco-champion crown, would also have their home energy bill paid for the following month as an incentive.
With a few close contenders, Bonnie May, Sales Manager for Northern Europe, was titled the ultimate eco warrior with an impressive list of activities, demonstrating her dedication to reducing her carbon footprint.
- Changing all lightbulbs around the house to LED
- Installing a SMART thermostat
- Deciding against the purchase of a tumble dryer
- Reusing shopping bags and reusable fabric bags for loose fruit and vegetables
- Buying produce from local farmers and zero waste shops, helping to minimise the use of single use plastic
- Growing sprouts (Bonnie’s favourite veg!) at home in a glass bottle
- Switching from one litre bottles of sparkling water to a soda stream, requiring no plastic bottles
A commendable list, and congratulations to Bonnie who is continuing to look at ways to further reduce her energy usage, partnering closely with the brand essence of ecopure:
To bring forward a true ecological textile offering through a process of innovation and to continue pushing boundaries. Where technology advances to provide a more effective and cleaner footprint, Vision is determined to implement these innovations into the ecopure product range.
If you’re inspired by Bonnie’s efforts and want to make a small change to make a big difference, find out more about our ecopure linen products. It offers a range of Recycled, Organic, Natural and Energy Efficient products to create a complete and eco-friendly guest room. Simply visit https://corp.visionlinens.com/ecopure-brand/ or contact the team at Vision.